Carbon is a PowerShell module for automating the configuration Windows 7, 8, 2008, and 2012 and automation the installation and configuration of Windows applications, websites, and services. It can configure and manage:
* Local users and groups
* IIS websites, virtual directories, and applications
* File system, registry, and certificate permissions
* Hosts file
* INI files
* Performance counters
* .NET connection strings and app settings
* And much more!
All functions are idempotent: when run multiple times with the same arguments, your system will be in the same state without failing or producing errors.
See the version list below for details.
Install-Package Carbon -Version 2.5.0
dotnet add package Carbon --version 2.5.0
<PackageReference Include="Carbon" Version="2.5.0" />
paket add Carbon --version 2.5.0
#r "nuget: Carbon, 2.5.0"
// Install Carbon as a Cake Addin #addin nuget:?package=Carbon&version=2.5.0 // Install Carbon as a Cake Tool #tool nuget:?package=Carbon&version=2.5.0
* Added `DelayedAutoStart` boolean property to objects returned by `Get-ServiceConfiguration`. This flag is `true` when a service is set to start automatically, delayed. `False` otherwise. Added extended
* The `Install-Service` function and the `Carbon_Service` DSC resource can now set a service's startup type to `Automatic (Delayed)`. Pass `Automatic` to the `StartupType` parameter and use the new `Delayed` switch. The `Delayed` switch is ignored unless `StartupType` is `Automatic`. Fixes [issue #216](https://bitbucket.org/splatteredbits/carbon/issues/216/community-add-automaticdelayed-in).
* The `Uninstall-Certificate` function can now delete a certificate by just its thumbprint. The certificate will be uninstalled from *all* stores. You can pipe the thumbprint or a certificate object to `Uninstall-Certificate`.
* Added an `EnsureRunning` switch to `Install-Service` function to ensure that any service is started after configuring. (By default, `Install-Service` leaves a service stopped if it was stopped when `Install-Service` begins.)
* Added `IsSymbolicLink` extended type property to directory and file objects (i.e. `System.IO.DirectoryInfo` and `System.IO.FileInfo` objects).
* Added `TargetPath` extended type property to file (i.e. `System.IO.FileInfo`) objects. If a file is a symbolic link, this property will return the file the link points to.
* The `TargetPath` extended type property on directory (i.e. `System.IO.DirectoryInfo) objects now returns target paths when a directory is a symbolic link.
* `Initiazlie-Lcm` can't be used on Windows Server 2016 and later to put the DSC local configuration manager into pull mode. `Initialize-Lcm` now writes an error when you try.
## Bug Fixes
* `Install-Service` and the `Carbon_Service` DSC resource write errors when a service is running and its startup type is changed to `Disabled`.
* The `Carbon_ScheduledTask` DSC resource writes incorrect information to verbose log when the current and desired credential for the scheduled task are different.
* The `Carbon_ScheduledTask` DSC resource doesn't correctly detect when a task's identity has changed (it wasn't converting usernames to their canonical representation before comparing the existing identity with the desired identity).
* Fixed: Importing Carbon in 32-bit PowerShell fails on a 64-bit operating system. DSC isn't available so the `Initialize-Lcm` function can't be exported. Thanks to [Anders Andersson](https://bitbucket.org/McAndersDK/) for contribuging the fix.
* Fixed: `Install-Service` and `Carbon_Service` DSC resource fail to change the identity a service runs as if switching from a custom account to the default `NetworkService` account.
* Fixed: `Get-PowerShellModuleInstallPath` returns nothing when run under 32-bit (x86) PowerShell on 64-bit Windows.Fixed: `Get-PowerShellModuleInstallPath` returns nothing when run under 32-bit (x86) PowerShell on 64-bit Windows.
This package has no dependencies.
This package is not used by any NuGet packages.
This package is not used by any popular GitHub repositories.