Carbon is a PowerShell module for automating the configuration Windows 7, 8, 2008, and 2012 and automation the installation and configuration of Windows applications, websites, and services. It can configure and manage:
* Local users and groups
* IIS websites, virtual directories, and applications
* File system, registry, and certificate permissions
* Hosts file
* INI files
* Performance counters
* .NET connection strings and app settings
* And much more!
All functions are idempotent: when run multiple times with the same arguments, your system will be in the same state without failing or producing errors.
See the version list below for details.
Install-Package Carbon -Version 2.4.0
dotnet add package Carbon --version 2.4.0
<PackageReference Include="Carbon" Version="2.4.0" />
paket add Carbon --version 2.4.0
#r "nuget: Carbon, 2.4.0"
// Install Carbon as a Cake Addin #addin nuget:?package=Carbon&version=2.4.0 // Install Carbon as a Cake Tool #tool nuget:?package=Carbon&version=2.4.0
* `Protect-String` can now encrypt a `SecureString`. The `String` parameter's type was changed to `[object]`. When you pass in a `SecureString`, it is converted to an array of bytes, encrypted, and the array of bytes are cleared from memory.
* Renamed `Protect-Acl` to `Disable-AclInheritance` to make it clearer what the function does. Created a `Protect-Acl` alias in place to preserve backwards-compatability.
* `Disable-AclInheritance` only disables inheritance if it is currently enabled.
* Created `Enable-AclInheritance` to re-enable access rule inheritance on file system and registry ACLs. This function is paired with `Disable-AclInheritance`.
## Bug Fixes
* Fixed: `Get-ProgramInstallInfo` fails when a program's `Version` registry key value can't be converted into a `Version` object.
* Fixed: `Test-Service` failed to detect if a device driver service is installed.
* Fixed: `Install-Service` fails if a service depends on a device driver. (Note: in our testing, we can't get a device driver set as a dependency. If you know what the secret sauce is to get this to work with sc.exe (or another means), please let us know.)
* Fixed: `Disable-AclInheritance` (ne `Protect-Acl`) fails when piped a registry key.
* Fixed: `Get-PathProvider` fails when passed a fully-qualified registry key PowerShell path, e.g. `Microsoft.PowerShell.Core\Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software`.
This package has no dependencies.
This package is not used by any NuGet packages.
This package is not used by any popular GitHub repositories.