An easy and reliable way to perform fire-and-forget, delayed and recurring, long-running, short-running, CPU or I/O intensive tasks inside ASP.NET applications. No Windows Service / Task Scheduler required. Even ASP.NET is not required.
Backed by Redis, SQL Server, SQL Azure or MSMQ. This is a .NET alternative to Sidekiq, Resque and Celery.
See the version list below for details.
Install-Package Hangfire.Core -Version 1.7.25
dotnet add package Hangfire.Core --version 1.7.25
<PackageReference Include="Hangfire.Core" Version="1.7.25" />
paket add Hangfire.Core --version 1.7.25
#r "nuget: Hangfire.Core, 1.7.25"
// Install Hangfire.Core as a Cake Addin #addin nuget:?package=Hangfire.Core&version=1.7.25 // Install Hangfire.Core as a Cake Tool #tool nuget:?package=Hangfire.Core&version=1.7.25
Please see https://docs.hangfire.io/en/latest/upgrade-guides/upgrading-to-hangfire-1.7.html to learn how to upgrade from 1.6.X.
• Changed – Upgrade Bootstrap from 3.3.7 to version 3.4.1 in Dashboard UI.
• Changed – Upgrade Chart.js from 2.7.3 to version 2.9.4 in Dashboard UI.
• Changed – Upgrade jQuery from 2.2.4 to version 3.6.0 in Dashboard UI.
• Fixed – Check background job existence before adding a continuation id to job parameters.
• Fixed – Incorrect validation for the `HeartbeatInterval` option (by @GitHubPang).
• Fixed – Use better stacking for succeeded/failed charts in the Dashboard UI.
• Fixed – Move explicit styles to CSS to fix possible CSP errors in Dashboard UI.
• Fixed – Reset default sync auth filter when async one is specified in Dashboard UI.
• Added – Support for async auth methods via the `DashboardOptions.AsyncAuthorization` property (by @rosenbjerg).
• Fixed – Error alert in Dashboard UI is now correctly shown when sidebar is present (by @danillewin).
• Fixed – Reference an empty favicon in Dashboard UI to prevent backend 404s (by @dan2468).
• Fixed – Back-to-site link text in Dashboard UI is now hidden on small screens (by @danillewin).
• Fixed – Avoid memory leak in the `AppBuilderExtensions` class (by @LordJZ).
• Fixed – Make the `TypeHelper` class public instead of internal to use it outside.
• Added – `JobId` property to `JobPerformanceException` for error logging purposes (by @Plasma).
• Fixed – `JsonSerializationException` when using `IdempotentCompletionAttribute`.
• Fixed – Unreported yet corner case related to daylight time transition by upgrading Cronos to 0.7.1 (by @aidmsu).
• Fixed – Dashboard issue: recurring job table doesn't handle very long cron strings.
• Fixed – Add missing argument-is-null check for the `DeserializePayload` method.
• Project – Replace deprecated `PerformContext` ctor usage to avoid alerts in SonarQube (by @kumaheiyama).
• Project – Avoid possible `NullReferenceException` in tests to fix alerts in Fortify analyser.
• Project – Release connections properly in tests to fix alerts in Fortify analyser.
• Fixed – Fonts-related regression in Dashboard UI after upgrading Bootstrap in 1.7.21.
• Changed – Upgrade jQuery from 2.1.4 to 2.2.4 in Dashboard UI.
• Changed – Upgrade Bootstrap from 3.3.5 to 3.3.7 in Dashboard UI.
• Changed – Upgrade Moment.js to 2.29.1 in Dashboard UI.
• Project – Update RazorGenerator.MsBuild package from 2.4.7 to version 2.5.0.
• Project – Update 7-Zip.CommandLine package from 9.20.0 to version 18.1.0.
• Added – Norwegian translations (by @khellang).
• Fixed – Correction on brazilian portuguese translations (by @Prestini).
• Fixed – Changing time zone of recurring job without changing cron expression causes immediate execution.
• Added – German (Deutsch) Dashboard UI localization (by @d-oit).
• Added – `IGlobalConfiguration.UseMaxArgumentSizeToRender` method to avoid "VALUE TOO BIG" messages.
• Changed – Remove "readonly" keyword from the `JobMethodCallRenderer.MaxArgumentToRenderSize` field to support .NET 5.0.
• Fixed – Race condition in `AspNetShutdownDetector` leads to `NullReferenceException` (by @jr01).
• Fixed – Avoid ArgumentException: Item has already been added when preserving an original exception.
• Project – Add repository link to nuspec files (by @jeremyhayes).
• Added – `IGlobalConfiguration.UseMaxLinesInExceptionDetails` option to cap the size of stack traces.
• Changed – Only the first 100 lines of a stack trace will be preserved now by default in Failed state.
• Fixed – Don't let exceptions with huge stack traces take up too much storage space.
• Added – Catalan translation for Dashboard UI (based on Spanish translation, by @agausachs).
• Added – Support for configuring recommended serializer settings via callback (by @Yaevh).
• Fixed – Use correct wording for job parameters in Job Details page, add it to resources.
• Fixed – Don't push negative points to the realtime graph in dashboard.
• Fixed – Don't depend on history collection type returned from Storage API.
• Project – Execute tests one by one to ensure exit code isn't being lost (by @willchis).
• Added – Display actual job payload and exception message on job details page when could find the method.
• Added – French translation for Dashboard UI (by @PaulARoy).
• Added – Expose IStorageConnection.GetRecurringJobs(IEnumerable ids) to public.
• Changed – Bump thread priority in heartbeat process for constrained environments.
• Changed – Display job properties in a dedicated row in job details page.
• Fixed – Avoid storage round-trip when displaying continuations on job details page.
• Added – Display recurring job exceptions directly in the Dashboard UI.
• Added – Add built-in support for reliable shutdown detection of ASP.NET apps.
• Changed – Unify exception handling in recurring job scheduler.
• Changed – Internal feature to perform state changes without calling any filters.
• Changed – Decrease the number of retry attempts for recurring jobs to 5.
• Fixed – Let workers to ignore any state change filters when all previous attempts to call them failed.
• Fixed – Don't let `RecurringJobScheduler` to stall the pipeline when extension filters throw an exception.
• Fixed – Don't let `DelayedJobScheduler` to stall the pipeline when state filters throw an exception.
• Fixed – `JobLoadException` when new methods deployed, caused by overlapped recycles in ASP.NET applications.
• Fixed – Configuration changes aren't taken into account, caused by overlapped recycles in ASP.NET.
• Fixed – Zombie servers shown on the "Servers" page that aren't stopped automatically unless app pool is recycled.
• Fixed – Pass the whole exception to the `Error` field of a recurring job.
• Fixed – Re-schedule recurring jobs with unsupported versions, instead of stopping the pipeline.
• Fixed – Don't stumble over non-existing recurring jobs in a scheduler.
• Fixed – Add another check before removing non-existing jobs from delayed jobs to avoid race conditions.
• Fixed – Avoid throwing `NullReferenceException` instead of `InvalidOperationException` when deserializing a job.
• Fixed – Don't transform queue names to upper case in the Dashboard UI.
• Added – Farsi translation for Dashboard UI (by @sepehr1101).
• Added – Portuguese translation for Dashboard UI (by @GeErghon).
• Added – `PrefixPath` in `DashboardOptions` (by @shenjielx).
• Added – Allow `PageUrl` to be overridden by subclass (by @brendonparker).
• Fixed – Additional Chinese translation for Dashboard UI (by @brookqin).
• Fixed – Added `null` checks for expired failed jobs in Dashboard UI (by @ppkale1995-cimpress).
• Fixed – Add word break to definition lists for state cards in Dashboard UI.
• Fixed – Render long recurring job identifiers correctly in Dashboard UI.
• Added – `IGlobalConfiguration.UseResultsInContinuations` method to globally enable results for continuations.
• Added – Ability to push antecedent job's result to continuations via job parameters with `ContinuationsSupport`.
• Added – `JobParameterInjectionFilter` server filter to inject job parameters as arguments.
• Added – Allow to specify a custom thread factory in `UseBackgroundPool` methods.
• Changed – Add retry attempts for recurring jobs instead of immediately disabling them.
• Fixed – `CultureInfo.InvariantCulture` is now restored properly in background jobs.
• Fixed – Recurring jobs aren't triggered early after changing their cron expressions.
• Fixed – Don't trigger recurring job when it can't be scheduled due to errors.
• Fixed – Argument with a `null` value is skipped when displaying job arguments in Dashboard UI.
• Fixed – Add a workaround for resolving `System.Diagnostics.Debug` type in .NET Core 3.0.
• Deprecated – Deprecate the `JobActivatorScope.InnerScope` property as it wasn't implemented.
• Changed – Produce a trace log message with details when updating a recurring job.
• Changed – Return early from `CoreBackgroundJobFactory.Create` when storage returns `null`.
• Project – Minor changes for the `Readme.md` file (by @231293).
• Project – Add `netcoreapp3.0` target framework for Hangfire.Core.Tests.
• Project – Add support for MSBuild 15.0 (VS 2019) when building `*.cshtml` files.
• Added – Allow modification of the Dashboard UI title (by @tbertenshaw).
• Added – Support for HTML tags on the Dashboard UI title (by @augustoproiete).
• Added – Buttons for 1,000 and 5,000 items per page in dashboard.
• Added – Links to previous/next pages to the top of the dashboard page.
• Changed – Expose the `RazorPage.Context` property as a public member.
• Fixed – Supplementary Chinese translation (by @mccj).
• Fixed – Don't update real-time chart when too much time passed since the last update.
• Changed – Add support for dash characters (`-`) in queue names (by @augustoproiete).
• Fixed – Show actual error in Dashboard UI when recurring job can't be scheduled.
• Fixed – Ensure backward compatibility when JSON payloads are serialized with field names only.
• Fixed – Non-awaited continuations can bring down the whole app when `TaskScheduler` is set to `null`.
• Fixed – Timeout value is not respected in some cases in the `WaitOneAsync` method.
• Fixed – Show error message when there's an error loading the statistics in Dashboard UI (by @prochnowc).
• Fixed – Properly handle recurring jobs with null or empty 'Job' field.
• Fixed – Disable recurring job when we can't schedule it due to an error.
• Fixed – Use `LazyThreadSafetyMode.PublicationOnly` to avoid caching "JobStorage.Current is null" exceptions.
• Added – `BackgroundJobClient.RetryAttempts` property to make job creation resilient to transient exceptions.
• Added – Dashboard localization support in `pt-BR` (by @candidodmv).
• Changed – Protect background dispatchers from moving from stopped state to non-stopped one.
• Changed – Unify `WaitOne` and `WaitOneAsync` methods with timeout and cancellation token for `WaitHandle` class.
• Fixed – Don't hide an original fatal exception occurred in dispatchers in some cases.
• Fixed – Dashboard UI to display "await" keyword on all task-like methods.
• Fixed – Display links properly in an informational message on the Servers page in Dashboard UI.
• Fixed – Wait for the heartbeat process before shutting down a server.
• SECURITY – Use `HtmlEncode` in all remaining places in Dashboard UI to prevent XSS attacks.
• Added – Added Dutch language, and updated missing translation on "Servers" page (by @r-win).
• Added – `Cron.Never` method for adding manual recurring jobs that never fire (by @michaltalaga).
• Fixed – Add missing `AddOrUpdate` extension methods for the `IRecurringJobManager` interface.
• Deprecated – Unused `HtmlHelper.FormatProperties` method is now obsolete.
• Added – `DashboardOptions.TimeZoneResolver` property to handle custom time zone resolvers in Dashboard UI.
• Fixed – `RecurringJob.AddOrUpdate` method is now able to update a broken recurring job.
• Fixed – Recurring job scheduler now properly handles recurring jobs whose job method or time zone is wrong.
• Fixed – Don't throw an exception on Recurring Jobs page when time zone can't be resolved.
• Added – `DashboardOptions.IgnoreAntiforgeryToken` property to disable token validation in Dashboard UI.
• Added – Display hints regarding server status on Servers page in Dashboard UI.
• Added – Highlight recurring jobs with no next execution in Dashboard UI.
• Added – Show actual error in Dashboard UI when recurring job has an invalid Cron expression.
• Fixed – `InvalidOperationException` when `AllowSynchronousIO` option isn't set in ASP.NET Core 3.0.
• Fixed – Set `NextExecution` value to `null` when existing recurring job has an invalid Cron expression.
• Fixed – Make dashboard charts to be more culture-specific to use correct time format.
• Fixed – Obsolete `UseSerializationSettings` comment now contains correct method name (by @PaitoAnderson).
• Project – `resx` files now re-generated automatically when building a project.
• Added – Full .NET Core 2.0 support by explicitly targeting .NET Standard 2.0.
• Added – `IGlobalConfiguration.SetDataCompatibilityLevel` to enable rolling upgrades from version 1.6.
• Added – `IGlobalConfiguration.UseRecommendedSerializerSettings` method for new installations.
• Added – Assemblies now loaded automatically when resolving a type when using default type resolver.
• Added – Custom `TaskScheduler` can now be specified in `BackgroundJobServerOptions` for workers.
• Added – `IdempotentCompletionAttribute` filter to enforce strict order for continuations.
• Added – `IBackgroundJobClient.ContinueJobWith` methods to replace `ContinueWith` ones in future for clarity.
• Added – `JobStorage.LinearizableReads` virtual property to avoid unnecessary waits in state changer.
• Added – Allow async methods to run their continuations on worker thread by disabling `TaskScheduler`.
• Added – Multi-stage shutdown to wait for graceful completion before starting to abort jobs.
• Added – Asynchronous checks for job cancellation, `IJobCancellationToken` can be replaced with `CancellationToken` (by @pieceofsummer).
• Added – Possibility to create millions of recurring jobs without stressing the scheduler.
• Added – Second-based recurring jobs are fully supported now with 6-part cron expressions.
• Added – Support for custom `TimeZoneInfo` resolvers in recurring jobs for interoperability purposes.
• Added – Package now explicitly targets .NET Standard 2.0, and .NET Framework 4.6 target added as well.
• Added – Type roundtrip support between .NET Core and .NET Framework for most common types.
• Added – Allow to specify queue names based on job arguments with `QueueAttribute` via patterns.
• Added – `PerformContext.Storage` property to allow server filters to spawn connections.
• Added – `GetFirstByLowestScoreFromSet` connection method overload that returns multiple items (by @cdschneider).
• Added – Entry point for custom job naming strategies available for dashboard (by @pieceofsummer).
• Added – `JobDisplayNameAttribute` class for displaying jobs in dashboard, available on .NET Core (by @pieceofsummer).
• Added – Support for async jobs returning ValueTask<T> (by @pieceofsummer).
• Added – Support for asynchronous background processes, opens the road toward async storage.
• Added – Circuit breaker pattern for background processes to reduce the logging pressure.
• Added – Processing server is now able to detect it was expired, and restart itself with the new id.
• Added – Ability to use custom delays for automatic retries of a background job.
• Added – `ThreadAbortException` and `ThreadInterruptedException` handling to keep the background process running.
• Added – Support for complex Cron expressions, including the `L`, `W`, `#` characters.
• Added – `JobActivator.BeginScope` method overload with the full `PerformContext` (by @jeroenvervaeke).
• Added – Support for read-only view for dashboard (by @mikechamberlain).
• Added – Storage property to control the job expiration time (by @rsilvanet).
• Added – Decrease the size of serialized type payloads and remove version information.
• Changed – Make `TaskScheduler.Default` the default scheduler for async jobs to avoid breaking changes.
• Changed – Split serializer setting to Internal and User scopes to isolate them (Version_170 Switch).
• Changed – Don't allow to affect internal serialization even by `JsonConvert.DefaultSettings` (Version_170 Switch).
• Changed – Share the same type binder between Hangfire itself and Newtonsoft.Json (Version_170 Switch).
• Changed – Use more compact representation of dates when using `SerializeDateTime` (Version_170 Switch).
• Changed – Stop using special case for `DateTime` argument serialization (Version_170 Switch).
• Changed – Don't serialize unused `AwaitingState.Expiration` field (Version_170 Switch).
• Changed – Specify parameter type when serializing arguments to allow using `TypeNameHandling.Auto` option.
• Changed – Use case sensitive search when resolving a type as by default in .NET.
• Changed – Make `SucceededState` constructor public to allow state serialization.
• Changed – Add `IBackgroundJobFactory.StateMachine` property (breaking change for low level API).
• Changed – Replace Rickshaw with Chart.js to have beautiful charts with less headache.
• Changed – `DelayedJobScheduler` is able to use the new storage method to query multiple jobs at once.
• Changed – `RecurringJobScheduler` now uses index-based checks to fetch only those jobs that should be scheduled.
• Fixed – Worker now logs an error, when all the state change attempts failed due to an exception.
• Fixed – Don't serialize arguments multiple times when showing job details in dashboard.
• Fixed – `DateTimeOffset` conversion error when it was serialized with `TypeConverter`.
• Fixed – Remove duplicate of argument deserialization code for obsolete `Job` class methods.
• Fixed – Decorate all the exceptions with the `SerializableAttribute`.
• Fixed – `ArgumentNullException` when job class contains method with non-resolvable generic arguments.
• Fixed – "Failed to initialize CoreCLR" error, by removing reference to `Microsoft.NETCore.Portable.Compatibility`.
• Fixed – Possible race conditions in `RecurringJobScheduler` that may lead to job duplicates.
• Fixed – Configuration inconsistency introduced in 1.6.18 leading to issues with custom `JobActivator`.
• Fixed – Triggering the recurring task doesn't update its last execution time.
• Fixed – Recurring job which don't have next execution (intentionally or not) don't cause exception.
• Fixed – Dashboard recurring jobs sorting is random (now it's based on next execution time).
• Fixed – Performance problems with huge amount of recurring jobs.
• Fixed – `NextExecution` field of a recurring job has delay in value getting set.
• Fixed – Dashboard graphs have improper sizing.
• Fixed – Server disappears from the list, but still performing the background processing.
• Fixed – Logging is too aggressive on transient errors.
• Fixed – Daylight saving time transitions now handled perfectly in recurring jobs thanks to Cronos.
• Fixed – Confusing Cron scheduling, when both day-of-week and day-of-month fields set.
• Project – Add `DataCompatibilityRangeFact` and `DataCompatibilityRangeTheory` classes for compatibility checks.
• Project – Reduce test execution time by removing unnecessary waits.
- Newtonsoft.Json (>= 11.0.1)
NuGet packages (271)
Showing the top 5 NuGet packages that depend on Hangfire.Core:
SQL Server 2008+ (including Express), SQL Server LocalDB and SQL Azure storage support for Hangfire (background job system for ASP.NET applications).
ASP.NET Core support for Hangfire (background job system for ASP.NET applications).
An easy and reliable way to perform fire-and-forget, delayed and recurring, long-running, short-running, CPU or I/O intensive tasks inside ASP.NET applications. No Windows Service / Task Scheduler required. Even ASP.NET is not required. Backed by Redis, SQL Server, SQL Azure or MSMQ. This is a .NET alternative to Sidekiq, Resque and Celery. https://www.hangfire.io/
A memory storage for Hangfire
Job console for Hangfire
GitHub repositories (23)
Showing the top 5 popular GitHub repositories that depend on Hangfire.Core:
ASP.NET Boilerplate - Web Application Framework
Distributed Application Framework for .NET
A .NET Standard 2.0 Workflows Library
Enterprise HealthChecks for ASP.NET Core Diagnostics Package
Async/await first CQRS+ES and DDD framework for .NET