dfch. CS. StateMachine
A simple C# based State Machine that can be configured via State Transitions based on an idea by [Juliet](http://stackoverflow.com/users/40516/juliet) "[Simple state machine example in C#?](http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5923767/simple-state-machine-example-in-c)"
The project contains an extendable StateMachine that defines a few simple states and two conditions ("Continue", "Cancel") that can be used to advance (transition) through that state machine.
When instatiating the StateMachine with the default constructor the following states, conditions and transitions will be set up per default
Source state | Condition | Target state
Created | Continue | Running
Created | Cancel | InternalErrorState
Running | Continue | Completed
Running | Cancel | Cancelled
Completed | Continue | Disposed
Completed | Cancel | InternalErrorState
Cancelled | Continue | Disposed
Cancelled | Cancel | InternalErrorState
InternalErrorState | Continue | Disposed
## Basic functionalities
1. The [`Continue`](./biz.dfch.CS.StateMachine/StateMachine.cs#L94) condition makes a transition from an arbitrary state to the next state as the "good case"
1. The [`Cancel`](./biz.dfch.CS.StateMachine/StateMachine.cs#L02) condition makes a transition from an arbitrary state to the next state as the "bad case"
1. Furthermore there is the [`GetNext`](./biz.dfch.CS.StateMachine/StateMachine.cs#L306) method to transit to the next state based on a given condition.
There are as well methods for exporting and importing the configuration along with the states:
* [`SetupStateMachine(String configuration, String currentState = null, String previousState = null)`](https://github.com/dfensgmbh/biz.dfch.CS.StateMachine/blob/master/biz.dfch.CS.StateMachine/StateMachine.cs#L135)
See the version list below for details.
Install-Package biz.dfch.CS.StateMachine -Version 1.0.2
dotnet add package biz.dfch.CS.StateMachine --version 1.0.2
<PackageReference Include="biz.dfch.CS.StateMachine" Version="1.0.2" />
paket add biz.dfch.CS.StateMachine --version 1.0.2
* Changed Newtonsoft.Json version from 7.0.1 to 6.0.8
- Newtonsoft.Json (>= 6.0.8)
This package is not used by any popular GitHub repositories.