FluentRandomPicker 1.2.0

There is a newer version of this package available.
See the version list below for details.
Install-Package FluentRandomPicker -Version 1.2.0
dotnet add package FluentRandomPicker --version 1.2.0
<PackageReference Include="FluentRandomPicker" Version="1.2.0" />
For projects that support PackageReference, copy this XML node into the project file to reference the package.
paket add FluentRandomPicker --version 1.2.0
The NuGet Team does not provide support for this client. Please contact its maintainers for support.
#r "nuget: FluentRandomPicker, 1.2.0"
#r directive can be used in F# Interactive, C# scripting and .NET Interactive. Copy this into the interactive tool or source code of the script to reference the package.
// Install FluentRandomPicker as a Cake Addin
#addin nuget:?package=FluentRandomPicker&version=1.2.0

// Install FluentRandomPicker as a Cake Tool
#tool nuget:?package=FluentRandomPicker&version=1.2.0
The NuGet Team does not provide support for this client. Please contact its maintainers for support.

Fluent Random Picker

This library offers a nice, fluent way to pick random values. Probabilities can be specified, values can be weighted.

Getting started

Install the nuget package (https://www.nuget.org/packages/FluentRandomPicker/)

Add the using directive:

using Fluent_Random_Picker;

Begin with Out.Of() (see the examples).

Out.Of()...

Examples

var randomNumber = Out.Of().Values(5, 6).PickOne();
// randomNumber is 5 or 6 with equal probability.
var randomChar = Out.Of()
                  .Value('a').WithPercentage(70)
                  .AndValue('b').WithPercentage(30)
                  .PickOne();
// or
var randomChar = Out.Of().Values('a', 'b')
                  .WithPercentages(70, 30)
                  .PickOne();
// or
var randomChar = Out.Of().Values(new List<char> { 'a', 'b' })
                  .WithPercentages(new List<int> { 70, 30 })
                  .PickOne();
// randomChar is 'a' with a probability of 70 % and 'b' with a probability of 30 %.
var randomString = Out.Of()
                  .Value("hello").WithWeight(2)
                  .AndValue("world").WithWeight(3)
                  .PickOne();
// or
var randomChar = Out.Of().Values("hello", "world")
                  .WithWeights(2, 3)
                  .PickOne();
// or
var randomChar = Out.Of().Values(new HashSet<string> { "hello", "world" })
                  .WithWeights(new List<int> { 2, 3 })
                  .PickOne();
// randomString is "hello" or "world", but the probability for "world" is 1.5 times as high.
var randomInts = Out.Of()
                  .Value(1).WithPercentage(80)
                  .AndValue(10).WithPercentage(10)
                  .AndValue(100).WithPercentage(5)
                  .AndValue(1000).WithPercentage(5)
                  .Pick(5);
// randomInts can be [1, 1, 1, 1, 1] with a higher probability or [1, 1, 100, 10, 1]
// or even [1000, 1000, 1000, 1000, 1000] with a very small probability.
var randomInts = Out.Of()
                  .Values(1, 10, 100, 1000)
                  .WithPercentages(70, 15, 10, 5)
                  .PickDistinct(2);
// randomInts can be [1, 10], [1, 100], [1, 1000] ... but not [1, 1], [10, 10], ...
var operation = Out.Of<Func<long, long>>()
                .Value(i => i + 2)
                .AndValue(i => i * 2)
                .AndValue(i => (long)Math.Pow(i, 2))
                .AndValue(i => (long)Math.Pow(i, i))
                .PickOne();

var result = operation(10);
// result equals 10 + 2 or 10 * 2 or 10^2 or 10^10. 
  • .NETStandard 2.0

    • No dependencies.
  • net5.0

    • No dependencies.

NuGet packages

This package is not used by any NuGet packages.

GitHub repositories

This package is not used by any popular GitHub repositories.

Version Downloads Last updated
3.1.0 1,796 11/27/2021
3.0.2 72 11/13/2021
3.0.1 133 8/7/2021
3.0.0 141 7/28/2021
2.1.0 224 7/10/2021
2.0.1 117 6/28/2021
2.0.0 213 6/26/2021
1.2.0 207 5/22/2021
1.1.1 99 5/15/2021
1.1.0 125 4/24/2021
1.0.4 104 4/17/2021
1.0.3 96 4/16/2021
1.0.2 112 4/15/2021
1.0.1 82 4/15/2021
1.0.0 100 4/15/2021