See the version list below for details.
dotnet add package DocumentFormat.OpenXml --version 2.11.2
NuGet\Install-Package DocumentFormat.OpenXml -Version 2.11.2
<PackageReference Include="DocumentFormat.OpenXml" Version="2.11.2" />
paket add DocumentFormat.OpenXml --version 2.11.2
#r "nuget: DocumentFormat.OpenXml, 2.11.2"
// Install DocumentFormat.OpenXml as a Cake Addin #addin nuget:?package=DocumentFormat.OpenXml&version=2.11.2 // Install DocumentFormat.OpenXml as a Cake Tool #tool nuget:?package=DocumentFormat.OpenXml&version=2.11.2
The Open XML SDK provides tools for working with Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents. It supports scenarios such as:
- High-performance generation of word-processing documents, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Populating content in Word files from an XML data source.
- Splitting up (shredding) a Word or PowerPoint file into multiple files, and combining multiple Word/PowerPoint files into a single file.
- Extraction of data from Excel documents.
- Searching and replacing content in Word/PowerPoint using regular expressions.
- Updating cached data and embedded spreadsheets for charts in Word/PowerPoint.
- Document modification, such as removing tracked revisions or removing unacceptable content from documents.
|.NET||net5.0 net5.0-windows net6.0 net6.0-android net6.0-ios net6.0-maccatalyst net6.0-macos net6.0-tvos net6.0-windows|
|.NET Core||netcoreapp1.0 netcoreapp1.1 netcoreapp2.0 netcoreapp2.1 netcoreapp2.2 netcoreapp3.0 netcoreapp3.1|
|.NET Standard||netstandard1.3 netstandard1.4 netstandard1.5 netstandard1.6 netstandard2.0 netstandard2.1|
|.NET Framework||net35 net40 net403 net45 net451 net452 net46 net461 net462 net463 net47 net471 net472 net48|
|Tizen||tizen30 tizen40 tizen60|
|Universal Windows Platform||uap uap10.0|
NuGet packages (512)
Showing the top 5 NuGet packages that depend on DocumentFormat.OpenXml:
The Open XML PowerTools provides guidance and example code for programming with Open XML Documents (DOCX, XLSX, and PPTX). It is based on, and extends the functionality of the Open XML SDK. It supports scenarios such as: •Splitting DOCX/PPTX files into multiple files. •Combining multiple DOCX/PPTX files into a single file. •Populating content in template DOCX files with data from XML. •High-fidelity conversion of DOCX to HTML. •Searching and replacing content in DOCX/PPTX using regular expressions. •Managing tracked-revisions, including detecting tracked revisions, and accepting tracked revisions. •Updating Charts in DOCX/PPTX files, including updating cached data, as well as the embedded XLSX. •Retrieving metrics from DOCX files, including the hierarchy of styles used, the languages used, and the fonts used. •Writing XLSX files using far simpler code than directly writing the markup, including a streaming approach that enables writing XLSX files with millions of rows.
SpreadsheetLight is an open source Open XML spreadsheet .NET library written in C#, and is released under the MIT License. You can create new Open XML spreadsheets, or work with existing Open XML spreadsheets that are compatible with Microsoft Excel 2007/2010/2013 and LibreOffice Calc. No Office/Excel Interop needed. You do not need Microsoft Office/Excel to be installed.
GitHub repositories (51)
Showing the top 5 popular GitHub repositories that depend on DocumentFormat.OpenXml:
ClosedXML is a .NET library for reading, manipulating and writing Excel 2007+ (.xlsx, .xlsm) files. It aims to provide an intuitive and user-friendly interface to dealing with the underlying OpenXML API.
Free Open Source Reporting tool for .NET6/.NET Core/.NET Framework that helps your application generate document-like reports
Radzen Blazor is a set of 70+ free native Blazor UI components packed with DataGrid, Scheduler, Charts and robust theming including Material design and FluentUI.
Fast, Low-Memory, Easy Excel .NET helper to import/export/template spreadsheet
Open Source Graphical Programming for Design
All notable changes to this project will be documented in this file.
The format is based on [Keep a Changelog](http://keepachangelog.com/en/1.0.0/)
and this project adheres to [Semantic Versioning](http://semver.org/spec/v2.0.0.html).
## Version 2.11.2 - 2020-07-10
- Fixed broken source link (#749)
- Ensured compilation is deterministic (#749)
- Removed extra file in NuGet package (#749)
## Version 2.11.1 - 2020-07-10
- Ensure .NET Framework builds pass PEVerify (#744)
- `OpenXmlPartContainer.DeletePart` no longer throws an exception if there isn't a match for the identifier given (#740)
- Mark obsolete members to not show up with Intellisense (#745)
- Fixed issue with `AttributeRequiredConditionToValue` semantic constraint where validation could fail on correct input (#746)
## Version 2.11.0 - 2020-05-21
- Added `FileFormatVersions.2019` enum (#695)
- Added `ChartSpace` and chart elements for the new 2016 namespaces. This allows the connecting pieces for building a chart part with chart styles like "Sunburst" (#687).
- Added `OpenXmlElementFunctionalExtensions.With(...)` extension methods, which offer flexible means for constructing `OpenXmlElement` instances in the context of pure functional transformations (#679)
- Added minimum Office versions for enum types and values (#707)
- Added additional `CompatSettingNameValues` values: `UseWord2013TrackBottomHyphenation`, `AllowHyphenationAtTrackBottom`, and `AllowTextAfterFloatingTableBreak` (#706)
- Added gfxdata attribue to Arc, Curve, Line, PolyLine, Group, Image, Oval, Rect, and RoundRect shape complex types per MS-OI29500 2.1.1783-1799 (#709)
- Added `OpenXmlPartContainer.TryGetPartById` to enable child part retrieval without exception if it does not exist (#714)
- Added `OpenXmlPackage.StrictRelationshipFound` property that indicates whether this package contains Transitional relationships converted from Strict (#716)
- Custom derived parts did not inherit known parts from its parent, causing failure when adding parts (#722)
- Marked the property setters in `OpenXmlAttribute` as obsolete as structs should not have mutable state (#698)
## Version 2.10.1 - 2020-02-28
- Ensured attributes are available when `OpenXmlElement` is initialized with outer XML (#684, #692)
- Some documentation errors (#681)
- Removed state that made it non-thread safe to validate elements under certain conditions (#686)
- Correctly inserts strongly-typed elements before known elements that are not strongly-typed (#690)
## Version 2.10.0 - 2020-01-10
- Added initial Office 2016 support, including `FileFormatVersion.Office2016`, `ExtendedChartPart` and other new schema elements (#586)
- Added .NET Standard 2.0 target (#587)
- Included symbols support for debugging (#650)
- Exposed `IXmlNamespaceResolver` from `XmlPath` instead of formatted list of strings to expose namespace/prefix mapping (#536)
- Implemented `IComparable<T>` and `IEquatable<T>` on `OpenXmlComparableSimpleValue` to allow comparisons without boxing (#550)
- Added `OpenXmlPackage.RootPart` to easily access the root part on any package (#661)
- Updated to v4.7.0 of System.IO.Packaging which brings in a number of perf fixes (#660)
- Consolidated data for element children/properties to reduce duplication (#540, #547, #548)
- Replaced opaque binary data for element children constraints with declarative model (#603)
- A number of performance fixes to minimize allocations where possible
- 20% size reduction from 5.5mb to 4.3mb
- The validation subsystem went through a drastic redesign. This may cause changes in what errors are reported.
- Fixed some documentation inconsistencies (#582)
- Fixed `ToFlatOpcDocument`, `ToFlatOpcString`, `FromFlatOpcDocument`, and `FromFlatOpcString` to correctly process Alternative Format Import Parts, or "altChunk parts" (#659)
## Version 2.9.1 - 2019-03-13
- Added a workaround for a .NET Native compiler issue that doesn't support calling Marshal.SizeOf<T> with a struct that contains auto-implemented properties (#569)
- Fixed a documentation error (#528)
## Version 2.9.0 - 2018-06-08
- `ListValue` now implements `IEnumerable<T>` (#385)
- Added a `WebExtension.Frozen` and obsoleted misspelled `Fronzen` property (#460)
- Added an `OpenXmlPackage.CanSave` property that indicates whether a platform supports saving without closing the package (#468)
- Simple types (except `EnumValue` and `ListValue`) now implement `IComparable<T>` and `IEquatable<T>` (#487)
- Removed state that was carried in validators that would hold onto packages when not in use (#390)
- `EnumSimpleType` parsing was improved and uses less allocations and caches for future use (#408)
- Fixed a number of spelling mistakes in documentation (#462)
- When calling `OpenXmlPackage.Save` on .NET Framework, the package is now flushed to the stream (#468)
- Fixed race condition while performing strict translation of attributes (#480)
- Schema data for validation uses a more compact format leading to a reduction in dll size and performance improvements for loading (#482, #483)
- A number of APIs are marked as obsolete as they have simple workarounds and will be removed in the next major change
- Fixed some constraint values for validation that contained Office 2007, even when it was only supported in later versions
- Updated `System.IO.Packaging` to 4.5.0 which fixes some issues on Xamarin platforms as well as minimizes dependencies on .NET Framework
## Version 2.8.1 - 2018-01-03
- Corrected package license file reference to show updated MIT License
## Version 2.8.0 - 2017-12-28
- Default runtime directive for better .NET Native support.
- Fixed part saving to be encoded with UTF8 but no byte order mark. This caused some renderers to not be able to open the generated document.
- Fixed exceptions thrown when errors are encountered while opening packages to be consistent across platforms.
- Fixed issue on Mono platforms using System.IO.Packaging NuGet package (Xamarin, etc) when creating a document.
- Fixed manual saving of a package when autosave is false.
- Fixed schema constraint data and standardized serialization across platforms.
- Upgraded to `System.IO.Packaging` version 4.4.0 which fixes some consistency with .NET Framework in opening packages.
## Version 2.7.2 - 2017-06-06
- Package now supports .NET 3.5 and .NET 4.0 in addition to .NET Standard 1.3 and .NET Framework 4.6
- Fixed issue where assembly version wasn't set in assembly.
## Version 2.7.1 - 2017-01-31
- Fixed crash when validation is invoked on .NET Framework with strong-naming enforced.
## Version 2.7.0 - 2017-01-24
- SDK now supports .NET Standard 1.3
- Moved to using System.IO.Packaging from dotnet/corefx for .NET Standard 1.3 and WindowsBase for .NET 4.5.
- Cleaned up project build system to use .NET CLI.
## Version 2.6.1 - 2016-01-15
- Added hundreds of XUnit tests. There are now a total of 1333 tests. They take about 20 minutes to run, so be patient.
## Version 2.6.0 - 2015-06-29
- Incorporated a replacement `System.IO.Packaging` that fixes some serious (but exceptional) bugs found in the WindowsBase implementation