dotnet add package VaraniumSharp --version 5.1.0
NuGet\Install-Package VaraniumSharp -Version 5.1.0
<PackageReference Include="VaraniumSharp" Version="5.1.0" />
paket add VaraniumSharp --version 5.1.0
#r "nuget: VaraniumSharp, 5.1.0"
// Install VaraniumSharp as a Cake Addin #addin nuget:?package=VaraniumSharp&version=5.1.0 // Install VaraniumSharp as a Cake Tool #tool nuget:?package=VaraniumSharp&version=5.1.0
VaraniumSharp is very simple helper library with the goal of having reusable, reliable components. It is written to not rely on any other libraries and as such can be easily dropped into any project to get access to the functionality it provides.
- Provides attributes to assist in easy, attribute based dependency injection. Injection is handled by additional packages to make it provider neutral
- Provide different kinds of caches including a reference counting cache
- Provides an interface for PackageManager to leverage
- Provides a collection that prioritize it's contents based on some value
- Provides Concurrency helpers including a disposable SemaphoreSlim for simple use
- Provides a base class for creating reconfigurable setting classes allowing easy rollback of setting values if cancelled
- Provides some extension methods to wrap basic functionality
- Provides various wrappers for static Microsoft classes to allow them to be used in a dependency injection system
- Provides a static logger based on Microsoft.Extensions.Logging. The logger exists primarily to abstract the user's logging framework from VaraniumSharp libraries so they can log to the user's preffered logger.
To leverage the dependency injection attributes provided by VaraniumSharp a package that wraps the DI framework is required.
Currently two such package are supported as part of the VaraniumSharp framework, one for DryIoC and one for the Microsoft ServiceCollection.
It is also easy to create a custom wrapper for your preffered provider by simply implementing the
VaraniumSharp.DependencyInjection.AutomaticContainerRegistration class either directly in your project or as an additional library.
To see how to implement this interface please look at one of the existing packages.
Most of VaraniumSharp's functionality can be leveraged directly, however to make use of the DI attributes in your project there are a few steps.
Add an attribute to the class you want to add to the DI container. There are two main attributes with various properties, for more details see the documentation
// The attribute tells the DI system to create a registration fo the TabWindowContext for the interface ITabWindowContext [AutomaticContainerRegistration(typeof(ITabWindowContext))] public sealed class TabWindowContext : ITabWindowContext
Next, during application startup load the DLLs that contains injectable classes into the
AppDomain, then create the container and request it to be set up.
After that you can simply resolve the main part of the application and execute it from the container.
// It is required to pre-load the assemblies that are auto-injected by VaraniumSharp otherwise their injections won't be picked up AppDomain.CurrentDomain.Load(new AssemblyName("VaraniumSharp.WinUI")); // Set up your IoC container and request that all classes are registered var containerSetup = new ContainerSetup(); containerSetup.RetrieveClassesRequiringRegistration(true); containerSetup.RetrieveConcretionClassesRequiringRegistration(true);
- VaraniumSharp.DryIoC Library that wraps the DryIoc.dll IoC container for use with attribute based DI.
- VaraniumSharp.ServiceCollection Library that wraps Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.Abstraction. For easy DI with ASP.net projects.
- VaraniumSharp.WinUI Library that contains helpers and components for use with WinUI 3.
- VaraniumSharp.CompoundDocumentFormatStorage Library that wraps OpenMcdf. It implements the
- VaraniumSharp.Discord Library that wraps Discord.Net for easy Discord bot setup.
- VaraniumSharp.Oidc Library that wraps the IdentityModel.OidcClient for easy OIDC implementation.
- VaraniumSharp.Initiator Library that wraps DryIoc, OIDC, ApplicationInsights and Serilog. Replaced by individual packages.
- VaraniumSharp.Monolith Library that provides WebService functionality on top of VaraniumSharp.Initiator.
- VarniumSharp.Shenfield Library that wraps WPF helpers.
For a detailed overview of the library see our documentation
With the release of VaraniumSharp 2.0.0 we are moving over to .NetStandard2.0 as this supports all .Net 4.6.1+ framework libraries and grants the ability to make use of DotNet Core2.0+ If an older version is required please file an issue and request support, we're willing to multi-target to older platforms where possible (Note that DotNet Core 1.x cannot be supported due to missing libraries)
|Product||Versions Compatible and additional computed target framework versions.|
|.NET||net5.0 was computed. net5.0-windows was computed. net6.0 was computed. net6.0-android was computed. net6.0-ios was computed. net6.0-maccatalyst was computed. net6.0-macos was computed. net6.0-tvos was computed. net6.0-windows was computed. net7.0 was computed. net7.0-android was computed. net7.0-ios was computed. net7.0-maccatalyst was computed. net7.0-macos was computed. net7.0-tvos was computed. net7.0-windows was computed. net8.0 was computed. net8.0-android was computed. net8.0-ios was computed. net8.0-maccatalyst was computed. net8.0-macos was computed. net8.0-tvos was computed. net8.0-windows was computed.|
|.NET Core||netcoreapp2.0 was computed. netcoreapp2.1 was computed. netcoreapp2.2 was computed. netcoreapp3.0 was computed. netcoreapp3.1 was computed.|
|.NET Standard||netstandard2.0 is compatible. netstandard2.1 is compatible.|
|.NET Framework||net461 was computed. net462 was computed. net463 was computed. net47 was computed. net471 was computed. net472 was computed. net48 was computed. net481 was computed.|
|MonoAndroid||monoandroid was computed.|
|MonoMac||monomac was computed.|
|MonoTouch||monotouch was computed.|
|Tizen||tizen40 was computed. tizen60 was computed.|
|Xamarin.iOS||xamarinios was computed.|
|Xamarin.Mac||xamarinmac was computed.|
|Xamarin.TVOS||xamarintvos was computed.|
|Xamarin.WatchOS||xamarinwatchos was computed.|
NuGet packages (9)
Showing the top 5 NuGet packages that depend on VaraniumSharp:
NeuroLinker is a scraping library for MyAnimeList.
Ring 2 library based on VaraniumSharp. This library makes use of and extends VaraniumSharp to be a base for other (Ring 3) projects.
A VarniumSharp library with WinUI helper classes and components.
VaraniumSharp.Discord is a VaraniumSharp add-on that wraps around Discord.Net for easy bot setup
WPF chassis build on VaraniumSharp.Initiator.
This package is not used by any popular GitHub repositories.