Tesseract is probably the most accurate open source OCR engine available. Combined with the Leptonica Image Processing Library it can read a wide variety of image formats and convert them to text in over 60 languages. It was one of the top 3 engines in the 1995 UNLV Accuracy test. Between 1995 and 2006 it had little work done on it, but since then it has been improved extensively by Google. It is released under the Apache License 2.0.
See the version list below for details.
Install-Package Tesseract -Version 2.2.0
dotnet add package Tesseract --version 2.2.0
<PackageReference Include="Tesseract" Version="2.2.0" />
paket add Tesseract --version 2.2.0
#r "nuget: Tesseract, 2.2.0"
// Install Tesseract as a Cake Addin #addin nuget:?package=Tesseract&version=2.2.0 // Install Tesseract as a Cake Tool #tool nuget:?package=Tesseract&version=2.2.0
### Version 2.2.0
* Improved error message when dll failed to load - [Issue 141](https://github.com/charlesw/tesseract/issues/141)
* Changed TesseractEngine's constructors to use overloading rather than default parameters - [Issue 146](https://github.com/charlesw/tesseract/issues/146)
* Added support for Sauvola Binarization.
### Version 2.1.1
* Bug fix - Added null ptr checks to PageIterator and ResultIterator
### Version 2.1.0
* Support for loading config files
* Support for loading Pix from memory
### Version 2.0.0
*Note:* Version 2 was initially going to introduce support for Tesseract 3.03 however as that hasn't been released yet and we have a few minor breaking changes
due to Mono support which require a version incremment (we use semantic versioning). Once the next version of tesseract is released we'll add it.
#### Breaking changes from 1.0
* Tesseract.Interop is now internal which means we can make as many interop changes as we like as long as the public version doesn't change
* TesseractEngine.Handle, Pix.Handle, and PixColormap.Handle are now internal
* Logging is done to the ``Tesseract`` source, not ``Default``.
#### New features
* Support for multi-page tiffs [Issue 50](https://github.com/charlesw/tesseract/issues/50)
* Support for linux\mono [Issue 23](https://github.com/charlesw/tesseract/issues/23)
#### Bug fixes
* Fixed UTF8 handling for SetVariable (support for non-english languages) [Issue 120](https://github.com/charlesw/tesseract/issues/120) & [Issue 68](https://github.com/charlesw/tesseract/issues/68)
### Version 1.12
* Automatically strip '\' and '/' characters of path and remove tessdata prefix.
* Fixed bug introduced in previous region of interest
* Don't dispose of Pix generated when processing a Bitmap till the Page is disposed off.
### Version 1.11
* Allow changing the current region of interest without having to reload the entire image (Page.RegionOfInterest)
* Fixed loader for ASP.NET [Issue 97](https://github.com/charlesw/tesseract/issues/97)
### Version 1.10
* Added support for uzn files - [Issue 66](https://github.com/charlesw/tesseract/issues/66)
This package has no dependencies.
NuGet packages (26)
Showing the top 5 NuGet packages that depend on Tesseract:
Adds support for interop with System.Drawing to Tesseract such as passing Bitmap to Tesseract.
This helps to read simple text (string or number) from the images using Tesseract without additional configuration. IMPORTANT : Change the properties of all the files in the "tessdata" folder for "Copy To Output Directory" as "Copy always". Sample Project : https://github.com/rohitvipin/TesseractHelper.Demo
GitHub repositories (4)
Showing the top 4 popular GitHub repositories that depend on Tesseract:
Free open-source OCR application for the Windows Desktop - A modern GUI front-end for the Tesseract OCR engine. The application also includes support for reading and OCR'ing PDF files.
Samples for the Tesseract.Net wrapper