A *SIGNED* library for consuming REST APIs from Portable Class Libraries (.NET 4.5, Silverlight 5, Windows Phone 8.x, and Windows 8.x). Designed to be partially drop-in compatible with RestSharp.
Requires NuGet 2.8.1 or higher.
Install-Package LVMS.PortableRest.Signed -Version 3.1.7
dotnet add package LVMS.PortableRest.Signed --version 3.1.7
<PackageReference Include="LVMS.PortableRest.Signed" Version="3.1.7" />
paket add LVMS.PortableRest.Signed --version 3.1.7
• Tons of bug fixes.
• Improved the way PortableRest handles parameters being sent over the wire.
• Added constructor overload that accepts a custom HttpMessageHandler for all requests the HttpClient makes.
• Added support for using the AsyncOAuth NuGet package for leveraging OAuth in your requests.
• Added support for specifying the JsonSerializerSettings on a client-wide or per-request basis, with request-specific settings taking precedence.
• Enhanced the SendAsync method to pass exceptions thrown by the serializer into the RestResponse.
• The serializer now strips namespaces from XML payloads before attempting to de-serialize. You may need to update your objects to [DataContract(Namespace="")] if you use XML-based Rest services.
• New generic and non-generic SendAsync() methods that return a RestResponse with more detailed information.
• Fixed an issue where the Async call can deadlock in certain situations.
• Added CancellationToken support.
• Windows Phone 8.1 support.
• RestClient.CookieContainer property to share cookies between requests.
• (Breaking) Reorganized namespaces.
• Added more documentation.
• Added ability to set encoding on individual parameters.
• Added request-specific headers for OAuth compatibility.
• Added RestClient.SetUserAgent()to set the UserAgent for you.
• Triumphant return of SL5 support.
• Better documentation.
• RestClient.ExecuteAsync can return the raw string.
• Misc. bug fixes.
• Adds RestRequest.AddQueryString().
• Updated minimum package references for Mono-compatible licenses.
• Removed support for Silverlight due to Microsoft's new Reflection framework on .NET 4.5.
• Added initial support for submitting XML payloads.
• Strong-name signed the assembly so it can be used in strong-name signed projects.
1.2: Updated to latest packages, include Microsoft.Bcl.Build directly to help with app.config issues.
1.1: Compiled to HttpClient 2.2.
1.0.8: Compile to new dependencies.
1.0.6: Update based on changes to HttpClient.Compression.
1.0.5: Added Compression support.
1.0.4-alpha: Added basic POST support, & updated XML deserialization.
1.0.3: Added XML deserialization with DataContracts.
1.0.0: First release.
This package is not used by any popular GitHub repositories.