ExceptionReporter is a .NET component that shows a dialog with detailed information on an Exception and the application/system running it. It allows the application user to copy, save and/or email a report of the incident - including a screenshot that is taken automatically (if configured)
See the version list below for details.
Install-Package ExceptionReporter -Version 2.1.1
dotnet add package ExceptionReporter --version 2.1.1
<PackageReference Include="ExceptionReporter" Version="2.1.1" />
paket add ExceptionReporter --version 2.1.1
First Nuget version, last features include:
- Configuration Tab shows entire config XML file (not just application section)
- Configuration Tab shows XML file in formatted HTML
- Added Less/More detail button - toggles between showing just the exception message or the dialog as normal (for users who get confused with too much information)
- Support for multiple exceptions (ie a list of exceptions)
- A custom message can override the main message (ie Exception.Message)
Screenshot saved in jpeg (rather than .bmp) to reduce file size
- New API exposed, so that programmers can create a report, programatically, without showing a dialog (see ExceptionReportGenerator class)
- AppVersion and AppName config properties can now be set manually - previously, although they were public properties, they would be forcibly overriden by ExceptionReporter as part of gathering application/system properties
This package has no dependencies.
This package is not used by any popular GitHub repositories.