ChildProcesses is a child process management library for the .NET Framework.
It allows to create child processes, and provides bidirectional extendable interprocess communication based on WCF and NamedPipes out of the box.
Child and parent processes monitor each other and notify about termination or other events.
Child processes are an alternative to AppDomains when parent must continue if the child crashes.
It is also possible to mix 32Bit and 64 Bit processes.
Install-Package ChildProcesses -Version 1.2.5577.529
dotnet add package ChildProcesses --version 1.2.5577.529
<PackageReference Include="ChildProcesses" Version="1.2.5577.529" />
paket add ChildProcesses --version 1.2.5577.529
* Change watchdog thread to background thread
* Start and shutdown watchdog thread in ChildProcessManager when child processes start / stop
Release 1.0.4 breaking changes:
- ProcessWatchdog() is removed, the ProcessInstance class (ChildProcessManager, ChildProcessInstance) introduces an internal watchdog thread.
- The ProcessInstance class (ChildProcessManager, ChildProcessInstance) implements the IDisposable interface to shut the instance down
- ProcessStateChangedAction is renamed in ProcessStateChangedEnum
This package has no dependencies.
NuGet packages (2)
Showing the top 2 NuGet packages that depend on ChildProcesses:
Visual Studio Debug Helper for ChildProcesses attaches the Visual Studio debugger automatically to any started child process with the ChildProcesses library.
The Crawler-Lib Service Base is a foundation for the development of Windows Services, Cloud Services and Linux Daemons.
This package is not used by any popular GitHub repositories.