NuGet\Install-Package Architect.Identities -Version 2.0.0-preview-20220428.1
dotnet add package Architect.Identities --version 2.0.0-preview-20220428.1
<PackageReference Include="Architect.Identities" Version="2.0.0-preview-20220428.1" />
paket add Architect.Identities --version 2.0.0-preview-20220428.1
#r "nuget: Architect.Identities, 2.0.0-preview-20220428.1"
// Install Architect.Identities as a Cake Addin #addin nuget:?package=Architect.Identities&version=2.0.0-preview-20220428.1&prerelease // Install Architect.Identities as a Cake Tool #tool nuget:?package=Architect.Identities&version=2.0.0-preview-20220428.1&prerelease
Reliable unique ID generation and management for distributed applications.
Auto-increment IDs reveal sensitive information. UUIDs (also known as GUIDs) are inefficient as primary keys in a database. Having two different IDs is cumbersome and counterintuitive. We can do better.
- For a 93-bit UUID replacement that is efficient as a primary key, use the DistributedId.
- To expose IDs externally in a sensitive environment where zero metadata must be leaked, transform them with PublicIdentities.
- BREAKING: Removed Fluid. Configured ambient scopes are considered undesirable.
- BREAKING: Removed ApplicationInstanceId. Configured ambient scopes are considered undesirable.
- BREAKING: Removed ambient access to IPublicIdentityConverter. Configured ambient scopes are considered undesirable.
- BREAKING: IPublicIdentityConverter now throws on big-endian architectures, instead of risking silent portability issues between architectures.
- BREAKING: Now using AmbientContexts 2.0.0.
- Semi-breaking: DistributedIds are now always 28 digits, to avoid a change from 27 to 28 digits in the future. Migrating will cause a one-time skip to greater ID values.
- DistributedIds can now burst-generate ~128K IDs at once before the 128 IDs per millisecond throttling kicks in. This makes it less likely that throttling is encountered.
- IPublicIdentityConverter now comes with a TestPublicIdentityConverter implementation for unit tests.
- Now using AmbientContexts 1.1.1, which fixes extremely rare bugs and improves performance.
- Now using AmbientContexts 1.1.0, for a performance improvement.
|.NET||net5.0 net5.0-windows net6.0 net6.0-android net6.0-ios net6.0-maccatalyst net6.0-macos net6.0-tvos net6.0-windows|
- Architect.AmbientContexts (>= 2.0.0-preview-20220426.1)
- Microsoft.AspNetCore.Http.Abstractions (>= 2.2.0)
- Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.Abstractions (>= 3.1.0)
- Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.Abstractions (>= 3.1.0)
NuGet packages (1)
Showing the top 1 NuGet packages that depend on Architect.Identities:
Release notes: 1.0.2: - Now using AmbientContexts 1.1.1, which fixes extremely rare bugs and improves performance. 1.0.1: - Now using AmbientContexts 1.1.0, for a performance improvement. Description: Azure-based implementations for the Architect.Identities package. This package allows Azure blob storage to be used as the synchronization mechanism for assigning unique IDs to each application instance. services.AddIdGenerator(generator => generator.UseAzureBlobStorageContainer(new BlobContainerClient("ConnectionString", "ContainerName")));
This package is not used by any popular GitHub repositories.